2023 Tax Calendar
VIEWpoint Issue 2 | 2022
Inflation Reduction Act: Highlights of Key Changes for You and Yo...
HUD Strengthens the Effects Test
President Biden’s Proposed Budget Includes Notable Tax Provis...
IRS Issues Another Warning Against Employee Retention Credit Scam...
The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) approved its 2019 and 2020 operating budgets. Coming in at $334.8 million in 2019 and $343.9 million for 2020, the budgets will see a 1.1 percent increase from 2018 and a 2.7 percent increase from 2019.
These budget amounts represent a total of three separate budgets, including:
1. NCUA’s operating budget
2. Capital budget
3. Share Insurance Fund administrative budget
Along with the approval of the operating budgets, the Board decided to fund it with an overhead transfer rate (OTR) of 60.5 percent and increased operating fees by an average of two percent for natural-person credit unions with assets of more than $1 million.
Federal credit unions will fund 70.5 percent of NCUA’s 2019 operating budget, leaving the other 29.5 percent to be covered by federally insurance, state-charted credit unions. Credit unions will be charged in March, with an April 17 due date.
Other topics of discussion in the Board meeting related to that of fidelity bonds. Soon headed into a 60-day comment period, this proposal aims to accomplish four objectives:
Stayed tuned in with Doeren Mayhew for more information, as the NCUA Board moves the fidelity bond coverage proposal forward.
This publication is distributed for informational purposes only, with the understanding that Doeren Mayhew is not rendering legal, accounting, or other professional opinions on specific facts for matters, and, accordingly, assumes no liability whatsoever in connection with its use. Should the reader have any questions regarding any of the news articles, it is recommended that a Doeren Mayhew representative be contacted.
A quick registration is required to view our resources.
You will only be asked to do this one time (unless you don't save your browser cookies).