Message
Locations
Call

Popular Resources


02.06.17

2017 Federal Tax Rate Card

12.26.16

VIEWpoint Issue 3 | 2016

View All Resources

Recent Articles


View All Articles

 

2015

Deepening its health care industry practice, Doeren Mayhew acquired Michigan-based dental CPA firm, Davis and Davis, P.C. The firm also grew its Financial Institutions Group Practice by merging with credit union CPA firm Orth, Chakler, Murnane & Company (OCM). Combined, Doeren Mayhew became the #2 credit union auditing firm in the nation as ranked by Callahan & Associates’ “2015 Supplier Market Share Guide: Credit Union Auditors.” With the merger, Doeren Mayhew expanded into the Miami, Charlotte and Dallas market with new locations.

2014

In a move to again expand service offerings for its clients, Doeren Mayhew merged with leading Michigan-based insurance agency Wolf-Hulbert Co., LLC to form a new full-service insurance agency, Doeren Mayhew Insurance Group in January. In addition, following a record year in M&A activity for the firm, it spun off its existing investment banking practice into a new investment bank, Doeren Mayhew Capital Advisors, to assist clients with their growing need for support in exiting and expanding their businesses.

2012

Truly unifying its locations in November 2012, Doeren Mayhew took on a new look and made a new promise to deliver insight, oversight and foresight for our clients’ businesses. Embracing its new identity, the firm not only gained an updated logo and a more robust website, but a fresh outlook. The firm’s Troy headquarters relocated just down Big Beaver Road after purchasing the Columbia Tower III. The firm also doubled the size of its Houston location by merging with MFR, P.C., and expanded its footprint again to serve clients in Florida from a new Fort Lauderdale office.

2001-2010

After celebrating its 75th anniversary, Doeren Mayhew looked to expand its footprint outside the Midwest, and merged with Houston-based TR Moore & Company. The match was as familiar as it was well suited, with TR Moore & Company founder Tim Moore having begun his career at Doeren Mayhew alongside Managing Shareholder Mark Crawford in the late 70s before relocating to Texas.

 

1991-2000

Doeren Mayhew became nationally applauded as a “Best of the Best” firm by INSIDE Public Accounting for the first time, and would go on to continue garnering this designation year after year. Turning over leadership in 1996, the firm voted Mark Crawford as Managing Shareholder.

1980-1990

The firm relocated its headquarters farther north to the city of Troy, Michigan in the Top of Troy building. During this timeframe the firm also became a professional corporation, resulting in a name change to Doeren Mayhew & Co., P.C.

1958-1979

In 1958, the firm changed its name to Doeren Mayhew Grob & McNamara and moved the office to Ferndale. Due to continued growth and the addition of new partners, the firm returned to the name Doeren Mayhew & Co. in 1977.

1951-1957

Changing the name to reflect the partnership between Karl and Bruce, the firm became Doeren Mayhew & Co., while also moving to the north side of Detroit, in 1951. Over the next seven years, a strong affiliation with the University of Detroit helped to foster the admission of the firm’s next three partners, Emil C. Grob, James E. McNamara and T. Earl Garrett.

1941-1950

In 1941, Karl Doeren hired his first bright mind, recent University of Detroit graduate Bruce R. Mayhew, as an accountant with the firm. Working at the prime wage of $35 per month, Bruce tackled his first assignment, bookkeeping for Mistele Coal Co. After nearly four years, his hard work paid off, and Bruce was named a partner at Karl M. Doeren & Co.

1932-1940

In 1932, Karl Doeren founded Karl M. Doeren & Co. in Gross Pointe Park, Michigan, a space shared with his previous employers Dodge Accounting, Richard’s Audit Co. and Isenburg Purdy. Expanding the firm’s footprint, Karl opened an additional office in Detroit, which would become the new headquarters in 1934. On the move again in the city of Detroit, the firm relocated its headquarters twice between 1935 and 1937, going from the Guardian Building to the Penobscot Building, where it would remain for the next 20 years.


To View this Resource

A quick registration is required to view our resources.
You will only be asked to do this one time (unless you don't save your browser cookies).

All form fields are required.